[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
GeezerGaming • View topic - Project Cars

Project Cars

Project Cars

Postby nervustwitch » Fri May 29, 2015 2:41 pm

Just wondering if anyone has been playing Project Cars on PC.
I have it but havent played much of it yet. Would be nice to race online with some players I know and not a bunch of bumper car,road rage idiots! 8-)

Not sure if many geezers are into racing games and racing sims but figured I would ask.
"Just remember stupid is a condition that cannot be fixed, ignorance is optional. At some point the second equates to the first. "
nervustwitch
Becoming a Bit Wordy Poster

Re: Project Cars

Postby DrFr » Fri May 29, 2015 6:28 pm

Racing sims are for the console and the big-screen TV ... GT3 remains the greatest driving sim ever, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit the funnest ...
Gaming since the Odyssey ... Magnavox, not Homer ...

DrFr
Geezer Poster

Postby nervustwitch » Fri May 29, 2015 9:08 pm

"Just remember stupid is a condition that cannot be fixed, ignorance is optional. At some point the second equates to the first. "
nervustwitch

Postby EvilH0mer » Sat May 30, 2015 10:08 am

I'm debating on picking it up. Don't have a wheel, but I'll try to hook up my PS3 controller instead. I'm used to racing games with console only. I've been told that a controller is easier than KB/mouse. Thoughts?
EvilH0mer
Noob Poster

Postby DrFr » Sat May 30, 2015 10:37 am

I picked up a wheel / pedal combo for the PS2 for GT3, and I find using the wheel and pedals is simply more intuitive when driving.

DrFr
Geezer Poster

Postby nervustwitch » Sat May 30, 2015 1:54 pm

Wheel and pedals are so much better,especially when its Force Feedback,H-Pattern Shifter and a clutch pedal.
I use a controller on my Xbox One with Forza5 but only because I dont want to spend $400+ for a wheel setup for the XB.

I read on the pCars forums some players had some issues controlling the cars with a controller but I havent tried using one myself.Something about a controller being to twitchy. If I feel better later today I might hook up my XB1 controller and see how it plays for ya.Diabetes kicking my ass for awhile now.

KB/Mouse...I dont use in racing games unless its something GTA,then Im ok with that.But for sims its not fun for me.

My setup is old but works very well.
Im using a Logitech MOMO FFB(old one from around 2004),Act Labs H-Shifter from about 2001 and the clutch pedal I made.
Made it from an old Logitech GP wheel. Tool the pedal board,cut it in 2,saved the brake pedal side.
Removed the mini circuit board from the wheel itself that also had the USB cable on it.Plugged in pedal cable to board,mounted it inside the brake pedal.USB to PC.
Now Windows shows that I have a Logitech GP wheel installed but games just see it as an extra pedal that I bind to clutch.
Works great,just like a real clutch.I can slip the clutch,let out easy so not to kick the rear end out or whatever.
And it still looks like a bought pedal.
My wheel stand was made with 1" PVC pipe cut and built for my size.Just painted it black with some plastic paint with a board mounted.Looks good also.

If interested in wheels.
Logitech G25/G27 wheels are nice,they are old but good( can still find new ones on Amazon and ebay all the time)
Fanatec makes great wheels but can be pricey.But for a PC only wheel you can get a wheel,pedals w/clutch and shifters for about $250. Everyone claims they are much better than Logitech for about the same price.
Thrustmaster has some good ones but some too.
Madcatz are cheaper made but some claim them to be good.Personally I dislike madcatz products myself.
nervustwitch

Postby nervustwitch » Sat May 30, 2015 1:57 pm

nervustwitch

Postby DrFr » Sat May 30, 2015 9:00 pm

GranTurismo 3. GREAT campaign racing game. Real models, real brands. Not too realistic - GT4 took it to another level, and made the game almost unplayable.

DrFr
Geezer Poster

Postby nervustwitch » Sat May 30, 2015 11:59 pm

Oh duh......GT=Gran Turismo

I know better than that.
I played it on the PS1,loved it.Got GT5 and GT6 on PS3 and well it wasnt bad but forget about SP.It was awful...way to easy.
AI set to max difficulty and every thing set to full realism,using under powered cars and after 3 laps I have nearly lapped the AI 2 full times.So boring.
nervustwitch

Return to Racing & Sports Sims