[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
GeezerGaming • View topic - Hello, or possibly hello again (?)

Hello, or possibly hello again (?)

Post here if you want to join GeezerGaming!

Hello, or possibly hello again (?)

Postby Hustleburr » Sun May 17, 2015 1:31 pm

Hello there -

I'm David, a man in my mid 40s who loves all types of gaming: PC gaming, console gaming, board games, tabletop roleplaying games, anything and everything.

I once was an active member of geezergamers.com (GG Southeast). I'm not sure if this site is related to that in an evolutionary way, but it seems to be related thematically.

I used to be a very active member of GG Southeast, playing primarily Xbox games, but that was a long time ago. I more or less gave up online gaming with the launch of the xbox 360. I suffered an eye injury, and found it difficult and frustrating to play games for a long time. In the meantime, my old video-gaming friends moved on to other things, or we simply fell out of touch. I was (and still am) mostly a console gamer, but I do enjoy PC games as well.

I have Steam, of course, although my PC gaming library is pretty limited at present. I also have a PS3 and PS4 (no Xbox one yet), and would really like to play with some friendly geezers again.

I'm Hustleburr on Steam, and Virtual-Dave on PSN, so any friend invites would be great.

I am just now building a library of Steam and PS4 games, so I'm soliciting suggestions. Are there any that are popular online with the geezers? The only PC game I play currently play avidly is Minecraft, but I'm game for anything, and everything. I used to play the MMO Star Wars: The Old Republic quite a bit, although I haven't in some time.

I'd love to hear from you guys/gals here, on steam, g+, or facebook. I'm professordavidwilliams on gmail and g+, and south3rng3nt on Facebook. I don't check FB very much, but that can change if it proves an important hub.

Thanks in advance.

Hustleburr (steam) = Virtual-Dave (PSN) = Vasquez (xbl, inactive) = Xx Ole Miss Alum xX (xbl, inactive) = Xx Goldfish xX (xbl, inactive) = A Wick3d Buzz (xbl, inactive) = South3rnG3nt (xbl, inactive) = me
Hustleburr
Noob Poster

Re: Hello, or possibly hello again (?)

Postby Fireman » Sun May 17, 2015 2:02 pm

Welcome Dave.

I searched for you on Steam but could not find a Hustleburr. You can add me, fwfdfireman, and I will accept the invite.

We are not related to GG Southeastern in any way. We were formed many years ago by previous TAW members (very competitive gaming clan who ruled in tournnaments) that wanted a more relaxed atmosphere and NOT focused on competition. Although, back in the BF2 and CoD 4 days, we did have teams that entered comps. to see how we would do. We did quite well as a matter of fact.

We try to keep a relaxed atmosphere focusing on FUN and LAUGHS mixed with serious gameplay. There is only one over riding HAVE TO we demand and that is, you HAVE TO not cheat in any form or fashion and you HAVE TO do your best to have fun and get along without bringing any drama to our community.

It's all about having a place to go and game, be able to chat it up, function together and HAVE FUN!

I see you have already joined TS so that is the first step. Now, don't hesitate to jump in any channel even if you don't have the game. Chat it up, ask questions if you have any. IF you have that game, join in the appropriate channel, introduce yourself briefly and start having fun.
This gives you a chance to get a feel for us and us a feel for you. Don't worry, it's rare that we don't get along with other new players that come here looking for a nice home!! :D

Again, welcome to GeezerGaming!!

Fireman
Geezer Poster

Postby Hustleburr » Sun May 17, 2015 2:22 pm

Thanks Fire.

I can't find you on steam, either. Weird.

CORRECTION: Never mind. There you are.
Hustleburr
Noob Poster

Postby DrFr » Sun May 17, 2015 2:48 pm

Good speaking with you in TS. This is a different Geezer clan, but welcome! We're a PC-based group, although most of us probably have a console or two around the house we fiddle with on occasion.
Gaming since the Odyssey ... Magnavox, not Homer ...

DrFr
Geezer Poster

Postby Fireman » Sun May 17, 2015 3:24 pm

Invite accepted.

I do believe we have Geezers that play games on consoles also. I am sure of it.

Fireman
Geezer Poster

Postby Scorpio » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:18 pm

Welcome.
Scorpio
Becoming a Bit Wordy Poster

Postby nervustwitch » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:28 pm

I have an Xbone myself that I rarely play on since MS allows microsoft published games to be bought as an Xbone game and played on either PC or XB1.
But only things I play there are Forza Series and RDR2
"Just remember stupid is a condition that cannot be fixed, ignorance is optional. At some point the second equates to the first. "
nervustwitch
Becoming a Bit Wordy Poster

Return to New member application