[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
GeezerGaming • View topic - an update on an old geezer

an update on an old geezer

Vacation, PC down or just taking a long break but NOT leaving Geezergaming? Post your absence here so we know what's up.

an update on an old geezer

Postby rattlesnake » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:38 pm

I know its been awhile since ive been on here but had a ton of things happen personally and keep remembering back to a time when we all were just having fun hanging out and playing whatever games we played at the time together.. my son and daughter both got married.. daughter had a son. (my first grandchild).. son and wife are expecting twins in may.. me personally have been playing on and off on some steam games under the moniker nailmaker.. had a dvt(deep vein thrombosis)..(blood clot) in my left leg that my doctor swore was just a pulled muscle.. moved on me through my heart and into my lungs giving me a pulmonary embolism.. nearly died.. ambulance ride from work to hospital.. still recovering but at least back to work.. still have residual clots in my leg that gives me fits every day.. and of course freaks me out.. which they gave me anxiety medicine to try and cover that... also while in hospital they find out I have badly degenerative arthritis in my neck which requires injections and eventually surgery.. and found lump in left breast which I go to have a mammogram Monday to see what it is... spirit and strength are way down at the moment.. but im still fighting it all.. trying to have a normal life which I know will never be the same.. all of it drained the bank account which wife gets depressed about(women.. lol).. im glad to see a few still try and keep the geezers going.. miss a lot of you guys and some of you don't know me but I guess im what you would call an og.. lol.. I think that's the term for it. the kids for my birthday seeing that I was just not doing anything preordered the new call of duty coming out tomorrow.. and from what ive heard and seen they have done away with the dlc.. still no dedicated servers but looks like they took the best parts of the first 3 and combined them and remastered the maps.. no more running on walls and futuristic gun bullcrap.. went back to the basics.. I will be playing under the nailmaker name on blizzard if you get it and want to add me as friend.. just went with that name since that's what I do.. I make nails for a living. hopefully the good lord willing the doctors will get me through all of this and keep me around for a little while longer.. and hopefully some of the old timers see this post and at least check in to say hi.. we had a lot of fun on cod and battlefield... miss those days.. be safe and have fun and be good to one another.. rattlesnake(nailmaker) out..
rattlesnake
Somewhat Active Poster

Re: an update on an old geezer

Postby Fireman » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:48 am

I have thought of you often Rattle......... wondered what happened to ya!

So sorry to hear of the health issues you are going through. My prayers will include a word for your getting better, blessings for the family and peace for your soul.

Those were the days weren't they? Like you, I miss them very much. I get the feeling that PC gaming as we experienced it is a dying thing. Seems everything is shifting to console gaming and developers want full control of any potential monies that they won't support Dedicated Servers.

At least we experienced it with the old gang and have great memories to laugh about well in to our later years.

Take care of yourself and keep us posted on how you are doing.

Fireman
Geezer Poster

Postby Scorpio » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:30 pm

Wow. Rattlesnake (nailmaker). Sounds like you've been through hell. Like Fireman said, you are definitely in our prayers.
I think the whole Social Media thing has affected communications...people are so into getting info pushed out through FB and the like they don't need to go onto the internet. That and support of dedicated servers, or lack thereof. Then there is also no big games that people have been rushing out to get. Maybe COD is different. Maybe not.
You take care and like I said you and your family are in our prayers. Stay in touch.
Scorpio
Becoming a Bit Wordy Poster

Postby rattlesnake » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:52 pm

well.. did the mammogram.. everything turned out ok..had a echocardiogram done and dr. said heart and lungs were improving.. leg is going to take awhile to get back to full strength after having that big clot move through and damage the vein all the way through.. still get what they call hypertension in my chest which basically starts out like a heart attack but its not. freaks me out when it does it.. got me on Eliquis(blood thinner) which they say will be for the rest of my life. but improving day by day.. having more good days than bad here lately. kids got me the new cod.. have to say im liking it.. and its also crossplay which means us pc guys are playing against the xbox and PlayStation folks.. been teaching em a thing or two.. lol.. you can have your private matchs like we use to have.. and with the internet speeds most of us get anymore a dedicated server is not an issue.. and there will be no pay as you go on this one.. there will be maps released but not dlc that you pay for.. a lot of the old cod maps are here and have been remastered.. game looks good if you've got a updated video card. I would highly suggest it to any of the people.. it uses the blizzard/activision app which is not a big deal.. if any of you get it add me as friend under nailmaker name.. I still run the clan tags even though I haven't been active in the clan.. I don't know if any of you talk to pfunk anymore as I don't do the facebook thing at all.. I know some of you were able to contact him every now and then on facebook.. if you do see him tell him I said hey.. miss the old fart.. hope all is well with everyone.. even drfr.. this getting old thing aint what they said it was cracked up to be.. lol.. son taking me deer hunting this weekend(wife wont let me go by myself now.. lol) take care..
rattlesnake
Somewhat Active Poster

Postby DrFr » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:52 pm

Sorry to hear about your struggles, but very glad to hear FROM you! Will keep an eye out for you on steam under the new moniker.
Gaming since the Odyssey ... Magnavox, not Homer ...

DrFr
Geezer Poster

Postby rattlesnake » Mon May 25, 2020 9:54 am

just a quick post to check in.. hope everyone is staying safe with this covid 19 crap.. we were deemed essential and never closed down.. been going to work as usual while trying to stay away from anyone even that has a sniffle..just been playing cod and working. health issues are generally getting better but still don't feel like normal yet. dr's said may take a year or so to get back to not hurting from it all.. june will be a year since it happened.. need to retire.. lol.. hope all are well.. laters..
rattlesnake
Somewhat Active Poster

Postby Scorpio » Mon May 25, 2020 2:36 pm

Wow. Sounds like you're doing better. At least you're getting out. Blessing or curse...staying cooped up for two months is no picnic. You can only do so many honey-dos...rearrange your garage only so many times...fix that problem once. Being retired, I usually ride a bicycle 150 to 200 miles a week, go to the gym twice and work out with a trainer, and meet at a dojo to practice Tai Chi...lately, it's been ride a stationary trainer in front of a tv (kinda like a video game!), no gym and the dojo closed as couldn't stay up with bills with no business.
When this is over it is going to be a very different world than we have been used to. Everybody may want to get "back to normal" but between government mandates (no laws...yet), paranoia and the very real existence of this virus, it will be a changed society.
Anyway, glad to hear from you. Been Playing COD GzR_Scorpio. Maybe I'll see you ingame.
Scorpio

Postby rattlesnake » Mon May 25, 2020 9:26 pm

ill add ya to my friend list.. on a side note.. do you like it as much as I do? I don't think there's anything wrong with it personally... been having fun on it.. aside from dealing with the 12 year olds on the xbox and ps4.. lol..
rattlesnake
Somewhat Active Poster

Postby Scorpio » Tue May 26, 2020 12:19 pm

Yeah that on the 12 year olds. I was COD averse due to their claiming the PC was "bifurcating" the community but they seem to have gotten over that with the cross platform play. Although my son (SilentSnyper) told me that console gamers have aimbot to even the playing field. Don't know about that but, yes, I'm enjoying it and haven't played KF2 of WoW in a couple months. I tried adding you but I saw your request and will see you in game.
Scorpio

Postby rattlesnake » Tue May 26, 2020 7:29 pm

actually what they have on the consoles is called aim assist.. it is built into the game... you get the controller crosshairs close to an enemy and the game will snap it to them and fire away.. if they didn't have that pc players would be ruling them badly and they would be crying about the crossplay.. pc players still usually come out on top of the games though.. every once in awhile you have a really good console player playing..see ya in game
rattlesnake
Somewhat Active Poster

Return to Extended Absence